Well, I have a problem like the fingerprint wizard when I download a component I add the symbol normally but when I add the footprint I do not recognize the folder where I have it located. I am using the latest version of KICAD
Added 4 weeks, 1 day ago.
Thanks for contacting us! If the wizard doesn't recognise the .mod file, please follow these steps:
1. Select Preferences > Footprint Libraries Manager
2. Once there, in PCB Library Tables click on 'Append Library'
3. Please make sure to select the right plugin type in the footprint library table editor. You must select the "Legacy" so KiCad knows how to parse the file.
4. In the library path section, navigate to the location where you previously extracted the ZIP contents where the .mod file should be, then copy and paste the library path.
5. Finally, write down a nickname for your library and click on 'OK'. Now you should be able to find the footprint when placing and loading the footprint.
Hope that helps and please let us know if you need anything else.
Answered 4 weeks, 1 day ago.
First: great service of your team!
I have a similar problem as Sebastian above. All steps above are done and checked.
I am using kicad 4.0.7 on Mac OS X 10.13.4. After import as described above I can't see the part in the tool pcbnew. It seems, kicad needs a file of typ *.pretty.
What should I do, can you help me?
Answered 3 weeks, 1 day ago.
Thanks for your reply! You need to follow some different steps, did you follow this video to import a footprint into KiCad 4.0.7? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=96&v=urHI1WWdr7s Please give it a try and let know if you are still having troubles!
Answered 3 weeks ago.
thanks for your quick answer.
The video shows how to use pcbnew, not how to import a new footprint. Is this really the video you wanted to show me?
Answered 2 weeks ago.
Thanks for your reply! To import a new footprint into KiCad you need to go to Tools > Open PcbNew, Click Preferences > Footprint Libraries Wizard and follow the steps in the wizard to select and import the footprint library (.mod file). You can watch the video starting at 0:49, where are you getting stuck? We're happy to help if you provide more info on where you are getting stuck.
Answered 2 weeks ago.