Wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy new year!
With a new year underway, we wanted to ask what are your top SnapEDA requests for 2017? Here are some ideas to kick things off!
- What formats should we support next?
- What features would you like to see us adding?
- Is there a particular category of parts you'd like us to expand?
- Are there other types of design content that would be helpful for your designs, such as simulation models?
- What community features would you like to see added?
Thanks to everyone for a great 2016, and we're excited to keep improving the platform and making it a great (and free) resource for hardware designers!
- Natasha (Founder of SnapEDA)
Added 5 months, 3 weeks ago.
-Easier uploads. I sometimes make footprints and schematics the website doesn't have. They're not awesome, but they're something.
Better footprint organizations.
Most of those PCB footprints are wrong
Answered 5 months, 3 weeks ago.
- Easier / Better upload interface.
- Bulk delete of uploaded items
- Crowd sourcing content. (Allow me to suggest a footprint for a part etc)
- Desktop library syncing. (Sync changes I make locally and parts imported from snapeda)
Answered 5 months, 2 weeks ago.
Just a heads up that based on your feedback we have improved the upload experience. Hope it's a good first step in the right direction! Please let us know if you have ideas for further improvement. Also, hope to have more updates on the other features you've requested soon too. =)
Please make it a better and organized platform for designer all over the world to share their symbol/footprints without hampering the quality standard. I would like to see simulation model(spice models) for different parts for different software(LTspice, ngspice, pspice, PSIM), and i think this is where real engineers can contribute a lot.
Answered 2 months, 2 weeks ago.
After using the product some more, first I have to say I love it. It makes my life so easy I feel guilty for using it. It's like I'm getting credit while my good friend is doing all my tedious homework.
- It would be great if the requests page https://www.snapeda.com/parts/my_part_requests/ linked to the parts requested.
- Please ad a 'comments / instructions' field dialog when requesting a part. There are so many times where 2-3 words of clarification would save both of us an email back and forth.
Finally Parts I've requested, parts I've uploaded and 'Personal Parts Library' are very disjointed. They are separate features that are hard to navigate between and to me they are all very closely related if not the same. The only difference being some meta-data about where the part came from. Tighter integration here and allowing people to edit the meta-data and upload images etc for the footprints they've created would not only make the whole product more cohesive, but readily lend to more community contributions.